Last week I wrote this piece about some of the lighter moments that result when a trans person who is only partially ‘out’. Today I regale you with part 2.
- When you post on your ‘boy’ social media account making a cryptic reference to a comment your wife made on your ‘girl’ account and you hope and pray nobody asks for more details. And then your wife is the one asking for more details.
- When family and fiends look quizzically at you because you are so knowledgeable about where to get the best deal on false nails and how best to apply them.
- You have no compulsion comparing the ingredients on the ‘shaving balm for men’ and the ‘bikini cream’ for woman and realise they are exactly the same stuff. In fairness they were priced the same.
- Your wife’s work colleagues are scandalised when they see male school leavers wearing the female school leavers school uniform on their last day of school (as a prank) and she goes ‘yes, so what?’ when they tell her all about it.
- Being in the sun is extremely problematic: you need to avoid the dreaded t-shirt or farmers’ tan, shorts are always the wrong length and your footwear results in bad tan lines too. Sometimes you just have to tan nude! (Note I do not advocate tanning for long hours skin cancer is a real thing. Take care!)
Hope you enjoyed that…