I have been nominated for my first blog award. I am honoured and humbled that someone out there thought to nominate me. I am also happy my thoughts are reaching an audience who are interested in what I have to say.
I was nominated by a very special fellow blogger, Deana. I think Deana is an amazing example of a caring, humble, accepting and tolerant Christian. A person who seeks to understand others and is true to herself, her values and her beliefs without being judgmental or prejudiced. The world needs more people like Deana and I heartily recommend that you check out her amazing blog at https://eatpraylovemom.wordpress.com/
Thank you for the nomination Deana.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the seven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Deana asked me:
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would have to go with a grilled chicken salad as it gives you a wide variety of nutrients without being too heavy. Also, you can be sneaky and vary the ingredients ever so slightly creating quite a lot of variety within the dish. Is that cheating?
2. If you could be President, what’s are the first three things you would do in office?
Wow… One, I would reorganise the South African education system to ensure that all children got quality maths and English education. I would do this by retraining teachers and ensuring that teaching actually happened. To do this I would probably have to break the teachers’ union. Two, I would implement a major public works programme to get the youth working. This would be done across all sectors of the economy and would ensure people are taught skills that would increase their chance of being employed after each project was completed. Three, I would implement a set of social programmes aimed at promoting tolerance and a real acceptance of diversity throughout society. This would be done to try and bring everyday behaviours in line with our constitution and bill of rights.
3. Speaking of Presidents, if you could meet President Obama, what one thing would you say?
‘Investment, not aid!’
4. What type of music do you like?
I have eclectic musical tastes and include punk, new age, heavy metal, classic rock, hard rock, reggae, ska, world music (particularly African contemporary), baroque, medieval, classical, romantic and some country. Opera is best avoided
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, would you and why?
No, I do not think I would. That is not to say that I think I am perfect and I do work on improving all sorts of bits of my character on an ongoing basis, but I do not think radically changing just one thing would be helpful. I need to make a thousand incremental improvements everyday to create a real and meaningful change. Changing one thing would leave the the plethora of other flaws and that is just not good enough.
6. If you got held up and the gunman said you have the choices, give me all your money, get naked right here (in public) or come rob a bank with be, which option would you choose?
I would get naked. Simple. That will teach the swine!
7. You and your kids are some in the house at night (if you don’t have kids, you and your best friend) and there is someone outside trying to get in, you think you know the man but it’s dark and you can’t be sure. What do you do?
If we absolutely could not identify the person I would press the panic button and let the armed response sort it out. This is South Africa after all. We all know not to try and get in unannounced. Most people shoot first and seldom bother to ask questions at all (think Oscar Pistorious). My response is fairly moderate by comparison.
My questions for you are:
1. What is the most pressing problem confronting your community today?
2. What can you do right now to make a difference?
3. Africa, what are the first five things that come to mind?
4. If you could only ever read one book, what book would you want to read?
5. If you could address the UN General Assembly, or the board of Apple Inc, for 15 minutes, which one would you choose?
6. What would you say?
7. Stockings or pantyhose?
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the ‘Real neat blogger award’:
My one beautiful thing: https://myobt.wordpress.com/
A southern crossdresser: https://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com/
Life writ large: https://germainedelarch.wordpress.com/
The nerd nebula: http://thenerdnebula.com/
The bobbysox blog: https://thebobbysoxblog.wordpress.com/
Please note I know this is really just a variation on the chain letter thing and I generally despise those, but on the other hand this is also a very good way of acknowledging those bloggers out there who are making a difference and also of getting people to read some things that may lie outside of their usual sphere of interest. Please take this post in the spirit it is intended.